by Andrea Cameron, ALA
Brentford & Chiswick Local History Journal 1 (1980)
The history of Hanworth from 1086 to the present time has been written by Miss Cameron at the request of the Rev Maurice Kidd, Rector of St. George’s, Hanworth, and was published in conjunction with Hanworth Carnival Week, 1979.
The author has presented an informative and accurate history of the Royal Manor. It had many notable owners including Henry VII, Henry VIII, Katherine Parr and the 5th Duke of St Albans. Fire destroyed the house and the building which replaced it is now known as Hanworth Park House. Miss Cameron continues the history up to more recent times with the development of the Air Park and finally with the coming of the M3 motorway.
This is an interesting and well-researched book, published by the Hounslow and District History Society at the reasonable price of £1.00.
D M Yarde