Brentford & Chiswick Local History Journal 21
A4, 28 pages Price £5.00
Articles in this issue reveal new information about local buildings and the landscape – the re-alignment of Burlington Lane in about 1815, the ‘Airman Angel’ on Wallis House, Great West Road (now Barratts West London HQ), past occupants of Hogarth’s House, and two Thames islands – as well as aspects of social life, including charitable work in the 1840s through the Clothing Club of Chiswick parish, a visit by Chiswick schoolboys to Nazi Germany and more on Jonathan Thomas Carr, developer of Bedford Park and his family. (This issue is the first to use a coated paper which has resulted in much improved illustrations.) This edition of our Journal was a runner up in the 2013 London & Middlesex Archaeological Society’s annual Publications Award.
download our publicatios order form.